Thursday, May 21, 2009

Why, yes, I HAVE fallen off the face of the planet! The view's nice.

Ever since I was a kid, I have done this thing whereby I get nervous about something-- usually something interrupts my routine-- and it takes me forever to kind of recover myself. For a small instance, we had an internet outage when an electrical storm fried our modem, and I got so far behind on Scienceblogs that I just couldn't face reading them for a while. For a big instance, my child is about to be out of school for the summer. O.O ParalysisMENTALCOMAzomgGAHHHHHHH

Now that I've had time to stress out about it, come to grips with the no-summer-school thing, and settle into it, I find I'm really looking forward to it! He and I are going to be summer buddies! :) We're going to make ourselves a summer schedule. Instead of hopping in the car to go to school at 7:30 every morning, we're going to walk to the deli for breakfast, then hike around the neighborhood! Then we'll read books, then write. Then some TV and arm-flapping time, while I make lunch! After lunch, then some math. Then OUTSIDE to play in the yard!!! If there's any Special Thing planned (on certain days we have our Things We Do, like a trip to Citgo on Fridays, and Wednesday Farmer's Market, for instance) we'll do that stuff in the afternoons too.

It is going to be cool and awesome, and I can't wait to spend the summer with my cool and awesome child!

2 comments:

TheDeviantE said...

plans are so good I can't even tell you.

I still get pangs of wishing I were someone who did things on a whim (and sometimes manage to do that....) but these days I'm all about embracing how I need schedules and plans.

schedules and plans

Joy said...

What wonderful memories you're making! I used to enjoy my times off with my son, and we had lots of fun, too. He was a good little running buddy. So is your little guy. :-)